In today’s fast-paced world, juggling multiple responsibilities often means dealing with numerous calendar accounts. While external tools like Calendrz exist to simplify this process, some individuals prefer a more hands-on approach. In this blog post, we’ll explore the pros and cons of manually managing multiple calendar accounts without the aid of external tools.
One such approach is to always invite all of your accounts to every event in any of your calendars: you build a list with all your email and calendar accounts and simply copy/paste it in the list of attendees for every event you create, every meeting request you send or receive.
Unified Time Management
- Your time gets booked for each event in each calendar: Manually inviting all your accounts to each event ensures that your time is allocated across all calendars simultaneously. This creates a unified view of your schedule, helping you avoid overcommitting.
- If one event gets rescheduled, it reflects automatically in all calendars: With this manual approach, changes made to an event in one calendar automatically sync across all your accounts. This real-time synchronization prevents scheduling conflicts and ensures you stay on top of your commitments.
- Consistency in Event Updates: Updates made to event details or attendees are consistent across all calendars, maintaining coherence and reducing the risk of miscommunication.
- Enhanced Collaboration: Having all your calendars connected allows for seamless collaboration, especially in professional settings where colleagues or clients use different platforms. This reduces the chances of missed invitations or double-bookings.
- Enhanced Visibility: By sharing your availability across all calendars, collaborators gain better visibility into your schedule, promoting efficient coordination.
- Holistic Planning: A holistic view of all your commitments allows for better planning, facilitating the balance between personal and professional engagements.
- Revealing Multiple Email Addresses: Manually inviting each account to events may expose all your email addresses to event participants, potentially revealing your affiliations and work contacts.
- Personal Appointments Visibility: Personal appointments may bleed into work and side hustle calendars, leading to a loss of privacy as colleagues gain insights into personal details.
- Declining Meetings from All Accounts: Declining a meeting becomes a cumbersome task as it requires individual responses from each account, creating additional work and potential confusion.
Tedious and Time-Consuming
- Time-Consuming: Manually managing multiple calendar accounts is a time-consuming process. The need to update each account separately adds to the administrative burden, leading to inefficiencies.
- Risk of Errors: Tedious tasks often result in errors. Manually syncing events across accounts increases the likelihood of overlooking crucial details or making mistakes in the process.
- Limited Integration: Without the use of external tools, integration options are limited, hindering the adoption of innovative features and functionalities.
- Reduced Automation: Manual management lacks the automation features that tools like Calendrz provide, leading to a more labor-intensive process.
The time required for manual management can vary depending on the number of calendars and events. On average, an individual might spend 1-2 hours weekly maintaining and updating multiple calendar accounts.
While a manual approach offers certain advantages in terms of unified time management and flexibility, the associated privacy risks and time commitment make it less than ideal for many individuals. Calendrz, with its robust privacy features and time-blocking capabilities, offers a more efficient and secure solution for managing multiple calendars. By seamlessly integrating with various platforms, Calendrz ensures that you can protect your privacy while still maintaining a well-organized and coordinated schedule. Take the leap towards enhanced productivity and privacy by signing up for Calendrz today!