Children under the age of 13 shall only use the Services under an account created by and under their parent/guardian or school/educator and are specifically prohibited from the use of the Services otherwise. If Customer is a school or educator in the United States and wants its students to use the Services, Customer is and shall be responsible for complying with the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and its rules (collectively, “COPPA”).
To the extent that calendrz.com has access to “education records,” as defined by the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Acts of 1974 and its implementing regulations (“FERPA”), it is deemed and shall function as a “school official” with “legitimate educational interests” when fulfilling its responsibilities under this Agreement, and both parties agree that Customer has “direct control” over the use of “education records” as these terms are defined under FERPA. Calendrz.com agrees to comply with its obligations under FERPA, including but not limited to the limitations on re-disclosure of personally identifiable information from education records set forth in FERPA and with the terms set forth below.
This means Customer shall notify those students’ parents/guardians of the personally identifiable information that it will collect and share with us and obtain parental/guardian consent before its students sign up or use the Services. When obtaining such consent, Customer shall provide parents/guardians with a copy of our Privacy Policies. Customer must keep all consents on file and provide them to us if we request them. Additionally, Customer shall be responsible for verifying the student parent relationship and shall be responsible for compliance with the right of a parent to review personal information provided by the child. Customer shall comply with such requirements by requesting and providing calendrz.com with a data subject request for the aforementioned data, or any changes to such data requested by parent, and providing the data to the parent after verification of the student parent relationship. If Customer is located outside of the United States, calendrz.com shall rely upon Customer and Customer shall obtain any required consents or approvals from the parent or guardian of any student covered by similar laws and, as a condition to Customer’s and its students’ use of the Services, Customer shall comply with such laws.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”) and their rules (collectively, “COPPA”) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this policy, “parents”) about our practices for collecting, using, and disclosing personal information from children. It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use, and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this Service.
Information We Collect from Children
We collect information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Website. We may combine information automatically collected with other information that we have collected about you including from publicly available sources.
In order to help you protect yourself and your information, we encourage you to provide only that information that is necessary for using our Website. For example, to set up an account you may only need to provide us with a name and email address.
Calendrz.com collects the following information, either directly from calendrz.com Users, Invitees, or Viewers, or through third-parties regarding Users, Invitees, or Viewers.
A calendrz.com User, Invitee, or a third-party may voluntarily give us certain information. This can include names, email addresses, and phone numbers; email addresses of other people; the subject of the meeting; and any other information provided to us or as required by the calendaring solution used by the User upon scheduling. If you receive an invitation from a calendrz.com User but do not wish to become a calendrz.com User, please contact the calendrz.com User who sent the invitation through other means to set up your meeting.
A calendrz.com User may connect their calendar with calendrz.com. Our calendar integration only checks the duration and free/busy status of the events in your calendar so that we don’t book you when you’re busy. We may store who you are meeting with, their email address, the meeting title, or any other details about the appointments in your connected calendar to ensure accuracy across your calendars accounts.
If you purchase a premium version of calendrz.com, our third-party payment processors will collect and store your billing address and credit card information.
Information We Collect Directly
A child must provide us with the following information to register with this website: the child’s first name, last name, and an email address. We may request additional information, however this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional when we request it.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
Log & Device data
When you use calendrz.com, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website. This log data may include the web address you came from or are going to, your device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile network carrier, and time zone or location. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
Other Web Site Analytics Services
Subject to your opt-out preferences (see â€˜Your Rights and Choices’ below), we use third-party Service Providers such as Google Analytics to provide certain analytics and Viewer interactions services to calendrz.com in connection with our operation of our Website, including the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to calendrz.com. You may opt-out of relevant cookies using opt-out features on their respective websites.
Children can access some parts of the Service and its content and use some of its features without providing us with personal information. However, some content and features are available only to registered users or require us to collect certain information, including personal information, from them. In addition, we use certain technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect information from our users (including children) when they visit or use the Service.
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
We also may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you or your child that we collect online.
How We Use Your Child’s Information
We may use information that we collect about you, including Personal Data, to:
- Provide the calendrz.com Service. We will use your information to provide our Website to you; including facilitating scheduling; managing your account; responding to your inquiries; and for other customer service and support purposes. We use the payment information you provide to us in order to alert you of past, current, and upcoming charges, to allow us to present the billing history to you on your billing page in the Website, and to perform internal financial processes, such as looking at the status of a credit card charge. In the event of a credit card dispute, we also share account information with your bank to verify the legitimacy of a charge.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you.
- Service related communications. We may send you service and administrative emails to ensure the service is working properly. We will also email you regarding your calendar appointments. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt out of these messages.
- Promotional. Subject to your opt-out preference, we may send you emails about new product features or other news about calendrz.com or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of receiving these communications at any time. Visit the â€˜Your Rights and Choices’ section.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- Administrative. We may contact you to inform you about changes in your services, our service offering and other important service-related notices, such as changes to the Notice or about security or fraud notices.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. We will use your information to protect our rights and interests as well as the rights and interests of our Users and any other person, as well as to enforce this Notice or our Terms and Conditions.
- Legal Compliance. We may use your information to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including complying with requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities, or in legal proceedings involving calendrz.com.
- Other. We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection subject to your consent.
Our Practices for Disclosing Children’s Information
We do not share, sell, rent, or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this section.
We may disclose aggregated information about many of our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device. In addition, we may disclose children’s personal information:
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of our Service and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of calendrz.com, our customers or others, including to: protect the safety of a child, protect the safety and security of the Website/App/Service, or enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, if calendrz.com is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of calendrz.com’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintain to the buyer or other successor.
The Service offers social features, including posting on message boards, forums, FAQs, help and support services, feedback, and posting to public areas of the Site/Service that enable children to communicate with others on or through the Website/App/Service. We do not control the types of information your child can send or post through them. We encourage parents to educate their children about safety online and to carefully monitor their children’s use of social features to ensure they do not disclose their personal information through them.
Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review the child’s personal information maintained by us, require us to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit us from further collecting or using the child’s information.
You can review, change, or delete your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your child’s account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an email at email@example.com. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.